Saturday, February 18, 2006

The Streets at The Astoria

This is another of NME Shockwave concerts.. It's the Streets turn to play at the Astoria in London. I arrived early only to find that there was no pass in my name. I made a few calls and waited for what seemed ages to see if anyone was going to let me in. All of this time I was feeling awful. I am now convinced that I am the first casualty of 'Bird Flu'. I feel that bad.. One of the people who tried to sort things out was Martin Klip who came out to see me in reception. Anyway, the band were just about to go on and I was about to leave and head home, when the lady behind the desk put down the phone and said I have been todl to give you this pass. So, I belted into the venue and got into the pit as Mike Skinner arrived on stage.
Copyright 2006 Danny Clifford.
All rights reserved
I got my cameras out and got on with it. As usual, th elighting was horrible.
Copyright 2006 Danny Clifford
All rights reserved
I did the best I could and left the venue feeling rather ill. I walked the mile, which seemed like 10 miles, because I felt so bloody ill. Then headed home..