Friday, February 17, 2006

The Strokes Again !!

I am sure I have photographed the strokes in the past few weeks. Anyway, here we go again. This time it's at the old Hammersmith Odeon. Now named the Carling Apollo. I do have some happy memories of this place. Back in the day we used to sneak in with our cameras. Sometimes with the help of the legendary Hammersmith Odeon Manager, Phil Leavers. Who remembers him eh!! Where is he now? So. when I arrived at Hammersmith (still feeling bloody awful) I checked in at the press window to get my pass. I was informed that there were 19 photographers for this show. That is mad, 19 !! I must say that there were only about 5 or 6 real photograhers amongst us. There were a lot of people with tiny little pocket digital cameras and they shouldnt have been there. But they were, so, on we go eh! I got some interesting shots consodering that the light was as it always seems to be with The Strokes, awful. I said goodbye to all and buggered off home.. Then edited them all up.