Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Arctic Monkey's Birmingham UK

We left San Francisco on time and headed off to London. Had a good flight. I do think I actually slept a bit on the fight, but not sure.. Sounds odd, but true.. I supose I must have done a bit. At least Tony didnt manage to spill any of his champagne this time. Actually, before we had taken off, I was drinking an orange juice and Tony said something funny to me that just made me choke on it. I had orange juice coming out of my nose & mouth. I then proceeded to choke in hysterics. The lady sitting across the aisle, must have wish she had been sitting somewhere else. I think she braced herself for an eventful flight with noisy idiots next to her. But other than that incident, it was nice and quite. I did take some photos as we took off and during the flight also when crossed London. BT Tower in Central London below.
Copyright 2006. Danny Clifford.
Below is an early morniing shot of the River Thames prior to landing at Heathrow.
Copyright 2006 Danny Clifford.
We arrived at Heathrow and said goodbye and we headed off in seperate directions. I got back and checked my emails etc. This shoot for Rolling Stone was on. It was the Arctic Monkeys in Birmingham.
Copyright 2006. Danny Clifford. All rights reserved
I was also thrilled to see that Pete Doherty had been given comunity service. I had fearded that he would have been sentenced to a short time in prison. This was quite a relief to all of us who care about him and Babyshambles. So, after a quick shower and 2 hours sleep, I drove up to Birmingham.
I shot the show and swiftly headed back to London.