Wednesday, February 15, 2006

BRIT Awards 2006

I feel bloody awful. Last November I had a flu jab, but feels to me like that it didnt work. I ache all over my throat feels like it's full of brioken glass and I cant think straight... Other than that I feel fine. So, big day today, I am off to Earls Court to shoot the BRIT Awards. I headed off there late afternoon, parked up and got inside at about 5:30pm. I had so much gear with me as I didnt quite know how far away from the stage I was going to be. When i arrived I checked in and headed up to the press room. I got my gear ready and headed out into the arena with the other 9 or so photographers who were shooting the show. We werent to far away from the stage. All was looking quite good until they used the lights. It was very very dark. The lighting was set for TV and that needs less light than us photographers need. Anyway, I was feeing bloody awful and just got on with it as best I could. So, many artists performimg and presenting and just being there as guests. It was busy. After the show, I struggled back up to the press room and saw my Technician who had been working very hard at getting my imgages out during the show. Once I was back up stairs I packed up my gear and said goodbye to everyone. I then struggled off to my car. I felt so ill that it was afull even walking to my car... I had to go to Oxford Street to collect something then headed off home. I felt awful. I think I have now made the point eh!! What a whimp I am.