Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Babyshambles in Sheffield

After a late night last night at KOKO in Camden, London. I managed to gather myself and get a bit of admin work done. Mind you I was so bloody tired. I then had to get to the gym for a work out. I was due to be meeting one of the guys in the gym who was going to get me off and running with a routine. Well, just for a change I was running late, well, actually, not running, but just late.. Anyway, got to the gym, I did bugger all and left. Got back picked up my cameras etc and filled the car with fuel and headed up the M1 to Sheffield, South Yorkshire.
Copyright 2006 Danny Clifford.
All rights reserved.
Babyshambles were due to be playing at The Plug. When I arrived there was no pass or anything for me. So, after a few phone calls I was given the correct pass. When I got inside, photographer, Joe Kerr was up there as well. He is a great bloke, one of the really nice people in the biz. He was there shooting one of the support acts. Anyway, after a while Peter, Drew and Adam of Babyshambles arrived. They had a chap with them who now seems to sing a bit of backing vocals with them. His name is Purple. I doubt that it says that on his passport..Mind you what do I know! We did some photos in the dressing room and within a short while, the band got up and got onto the stage for the gig.
Copyright 2006 Danny Clifford.
All rights reserved.
Well, they were again bloody great. A few false starts, but it would be the same without them. Amongst there own songs, they did break into The Oasis song 'Dont Look Back in Anger'. Pete was also mimicking the way that Liam stands on stage. Anyway, the gog was bloody great.
Copyright 2006 Danny Clifford.
All rights reserved.
They even had a guest on stage on one of the songs come up and play violin.
Copyright 2006 Danny Clifford.
All right reserved
Well, with Babyshambles, you never know what is going to happen next.. With most bands you can see the whole set performed exactly the same every night.
Copyright 2006 Danny Clifford.
All rights reserved.
But, with Babyshambles, not a chance.. When the gig was over I headed back to the dressing room. After a short while I said my good byes and headed back down the M1 to London.. I got back at about 2:30 am I then edited up my images. Pete is due to be in court in the morning. I may well go down there for a bit of moral support..If I can get up that is.