Friday, December 16, 2005

The Magic Band & Stereophonics

The day started quite early for me. I headed down to Forest Hill, in South East London. I met up with Drumbo & Rockette Morton who are in The Magic Band (Captain Beefheart & The Magic Band). So, I arrived an Drumbo & Co were in the studio mixing some tracks on the new Druimbo project. After a while we started to get ready to do some photos.. We firstly did some shots actually in the studio area. John French a.k.a. "Drumbo" - Drums and Mark Boston a.k.a. "Rockette Morton" on Bass. When we finished in the studio, we did some shots of them indiviualy and together. These shots were more posed studio style (Photograhic studio, that is). In fact they were really moody shots, just they way I like them.
Rockette Morton & Drumbo
Copyright 2005 Danny Clifford
Anyway, The guys had more recording to do and I had plenty to get on with as well. So, I said my goodbye and buggered off. I headed off and got rid of my camera equipment and lighting etc.

I then headed off to Alexandra Palace, North London to watch the Sterophonics. It was mighty unusal for me to be going to a gig without camera's. But nice to be asked. Anyway, wtched them and must say, they were abosolutly fantastic, really brilliant. There wasnt a dull second during the 2 odd hours that they performed. At the aftershow party spent a bit of time chatting to Virginie and her boyfiend Jim, really nice people. All in all a brilliant gig and great aftershow. I headed off home after this. As I left, I must say, being at Alexandra Palace, which is so high up, (above Sea level) anyway, it was bloody freezing.. Winter is here alright.. It was a long walk to my car, so a was frozen by the time I got there. Roll on summer.. I love summer and warm weather.