Saturday, December 17, 2005

The Foo Fighters

Earls Court on a Saturday night, tonight it's the Foo Fighters. I really like them, I have shot them a few times this year. I shot them in Japan, Portugal and in the UK. Anyway, enough of my travels, I just think they are a great band. I arrived at Earls Court and went to collected my pass. Met up with a few other photographers, all nice and familiar faces.. In we went and got ourselves ready. Very son after this the band came on.
Copyright 2005 Danny Clifford
Each time I have shot them this year the lighting has been very bad and guess what.... It was bloody awful tonight as well. I remember just looking around the photo pit and seeing all of the other photographers just standing with their cameras in the hands and looking at Dave Grohl. There was hardly any light on him at all.
Copyright 2005 Danny Clifford
All pretty poor really. During the 3rd and final song a little more light appeared.. Well bout time too I thought. A few mins after the light appeared, the song ended. So, that was that and we were out of the pit and out of Earls Court and just like when I left Alexander Palace last night, it was freezing..