Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Take That.. Here They Come....

I should have been photographing the Pogues or Joss Stone tonight.. Both of them were playing in London tonight.. But No.. Neither were really on my radar.. It was to be Mark Owen formerly and soon to be again of Take That. Mark was finishing his UK solo tour in London at the Carling Academy, Islington. I had originally spoken to Mark's publicist about this gig a week or two ago. We arranged that I could do a very swift exclusive shoot backstage before the gig. So, off I went to Islington to shoot this. I got there quite early and watched the two support bands. I was then called by Paul (publicist) who came and found me in the photo pit. He took me downstairs to shoot Mark Owen. We were extremely limited for somewhere to do the shoot. Anyway, I did the best I could in the area and few seconds that.
Mark Owen
Copyright 2005 Danny Clifford.
All rights reserved.
Mark is a really nice chap we did have a very brief chat after taking the photos. He was saying that he really needs to get away after this tour. He was off somewhere were the sand is white and the weather is hot.. Ummm, that sounds nice.. What a good idea. I quite fancy that as well. So, finished the shoot backstage and headed off back upstairs to the venue. Got into the photo pit. No sooner had I got in there and on Mark came. I must say, I thought he was really good. I was pleasantly surprised. Sorry to moan though, the lighting was bloody horrible... All red and dark. A nightmare for us photopgraphers. I haven't seen him perform since he was with Take That, I don't quite know when..Maybe 1994/5.. Anyway he was really good.. Afterwards I headed off to the Mean fiddler Xmas bash at the Garage. Didnt stay there for long, probably 15 mins.. Then headed up to the Boogaloo in Highgate to have a drink with my mate Gerry O'Boyle. Stayed there until about 2am then headed off home.