Wednesday, October 19, 2005

The Documentary begins

John Altman was conducting an orchestra at Lyndhurst Hall (Air Recording Studios) in Hampstead in North London. I wanted to get over there to shoot it, but I was waiting for Reuben McLaughlin to arrive at Heathrow from Toronto, Canada. So, I missed my mate John and will have to shoot him another time when he is back here in the UK in November. Reuben is over in the UK as he is doing a documentary on me. He will be following me around for a while filming everything I do. Anyway, Reuben needed a bit of sleep, so I collected him later at his hotel. We then went for a bite to eat and after that headed off to The Boogaloo in Archway / Highgate area of London. I had to drop a few prints into Gerry O'Boyle. So, Reuben, Gerry and I were having a drink and it was about 1am by know, when there was some lous banging on the door. It was Shane McGowan. He fancied a drink, in he came and we had a drink with. He is looking so much better than he has in the past. He didn't even appear to be drinking too much.. I left about an hour later and dropped Reuben at his hotel and headed off home.