Monday, October 17, 2005

The 10 Room London

I went to Wardour Street in Soho, London early evening and met up with my friend, the legendary, John Altman. He is probably the biggest music writer for movies in the world. I cannot list all of the things that he has done as there are too many. I do know that he did the music for the Die Hard movies for which I think he got a Grammy. He has also won Emmy's and many other awards.. He has very recently completed a flm with Jenifer Lopez. John was once my teacher when I was at school. Poor John !! He left us when we were atr school as he went off and joined a band called Hot Chocolate. Then onwards and upwards for him. So there we were with John and few of his friends having Sushi. All very nice and civilised.. My only complaint was that the space between the table and the seat was rather tight.. I think this only applied to me.. Nobody else seemed to have the same problem.. I msut loose some weight. We then headed off to JOhns club, the 10 Room. John runs this with his friend Patrick. After a while John and the hiouse band started playing and John played his Sax. He is amazing.. I did take a few shots, but the lighting is not far away from non existent so, I wasnt too happy with that. I left at around 2am and headed off home..