Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Juliette Lewis album Launch Party

I flew back from Dublin and headed home. I was kind of tired, but there is nothing new in that. Once home I charged all of my camera batteries and flash guns etc. I have to shoot the CD 'Four on the Floor" launch party for Juliette Lewis. This is the Hollywood A list actress, now, fast becoming an accomplished performer and musician. I arrived at about 10pm. I was the official photographer for the event, but, I was pleasantly surprised, once I was inside to see a photographer called Tom Oldham. He was also shooting inside, but for a PR company. Tom is a very nice guy and it was niceto have a bit of company whilst I was there. The party seemed to go very well. It was bein g held in a bowling alley below the Tavistock Hotel in central London. Whilst I was wandering around shooting and had a chat with Carl Barat of Dirty Pretty Things, then I bumped into Steve, Sammy and Brian from the New York Dolls. The funny thing here was, that after they had finished bowling, Steve Conte went to get his nice expensive boots back in exchange for his bowling shoes, when he realized that they had been stolen. He wasn't very happy. Tomorrow night the New York Dolls were performing on the biggest chat show in the UK, the Jonathan Ross show. Juliette was by now spending a bit of time in the Kareoke room with her pals, Skin from Skunk Anansie and Kele Okerie from Bloc Party and Simon Bartholomew from Brand New Heavies.
Juliette Lewis
Copyright 2006 Danny Clifford















It was a fabulous party. I finished taking photos at about 4am and decided to head off home. So, packed away my gear and headed off out of the bowling alley. Outside were 3 of the New York Dolls looking for a taxi. I was going home the way of their hotel, so, they jumped in my car and I headed off and dropped them off. One of them, who shall remain nameless wanted me to take a drive around west London so he could buy some grass.. I had to avoid this as I was, one, too tired to deviate from my rout and secondly, I didn't want any part of getting nicked for being involved in buying anything like that. So, I dropped them off at their hotel and buggered off home. The sun was coming up as I was heading home.