Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Dublin - Babyshambles

I decided this morning to go to Dublin to shoot Babyshambles. They are playing at the Academy in O'Connell Street. So, I flew over late afternoon. I arrived and got a taxi into the city centre to my hotel. I then spoke to Adam Ficek, the powerhouse drummer in Babyshambles. We arranged to meet in a pub near the venue for a drink before the gig. Then straight over the road to get passes organized and get ready for the show. I went into the photo pit and on they came.
Peter Doherty
Copyright 2006 Danny Clifford



















Peter was looking very good. The show was fantastic. They really are an amazing band.
Peter Doherty
Copyright 2006 Danny Clifford




















Kate Moss joined them on stage for one song. She actually sounds great, as she does on the record as well.
Babyshambles & Kate Moss - Dublin
Copyright 2006 Danny Clifford













After that song Shane MacGowan joined them on stage for a Babyshambles rendition of Dirty Old Town.. That was also very good.
Shane MacGowan with Babyshambles
Copyright 2006 Danny Clifford












After the show I went back to the hotel with Gerry O'Boyle, Shane, Victoria and friends. Everyone was then off to a bar for a kind of aftershow party. It was now around 1am and I wanted to go to bed. I had a flight in the morning and needed some sleep. so, I called it a day. Edited up my photos for an hour or so, then went to sleep.