Friday, March 10, 2006

Jethro Tull are back in London

I was trying to figure out when I last photographed them, It must have been around 1979 ish. Tonight's gig in London is at Shepherds Bush Empire, only a mile or so from the Carling Apollo, Hammersmith. This is where I did photograph them last all that time ago 27 odd years ago. So, got here today very early. I was told that they were going on stage at 8pm sharp, with no support. It was kind of strange to see them again. Mind you they did sound rather good and very professional.
Copyright 2006 Danny Clifford.
All rights reserved.
We, the photographers were all put up in the circle to shoot the show. We were on the balcony. Mind you, I don't think I would like to have photographers shooting me from under my chin, so why should they. Anyway, got some very nice shots of them. Well, actually only really Ian Anderson, as he was the only one properly lit. One of the three songs that I photographed was, Living in the Past. It was bloody fantastic.. I must by that CD again with that on. I do have it on vinyl and fancy having again.