Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Alcatraz - Then to Santa Barbara



I woke up at about 5am.. Tony wanted to take aboat ride out to Alcatraz island thhis morning.. I will wait for him to come knocking on my door at about 8:30 then no doubt we will go an be tourists.. I haventg been o ut to Alcatraz for about 20 years.. Cant say I have missed it.. Anyway, you only live once. What is the worst thing that could happen as we cross that freezing cold shark infested bay to Alcatraz!! Later we are heading over to the ariport to fly down to Santa Barbara. Hoepfully my little brother Simon will be there to pick us up and run me home.. Then tomorrow its back to work properly.. So I look out the hotel window and what do I see. Well, its raining, but colourful.
San Francisco
Copyright 2006 Danny Clifford
Off we go to Alcatraz... It's foggy, cold and raining. So, we get on the ferry and head accross the bay.
Copyright 2006 Danny Clifford.
Get off at the famous Alcatraz.
Alcatraz. Copyright 2006 Danny Clifford
Take the long walk up and around the grounds.
Copyright 2006 Danny Clifford.
We get up into the cell blocks and see Al ' Scarface' Capone's cell.
Tony Edser
Copyright 2006 Danny Clifford
All rights reserved
I managed to get Tony Edser to shut up for a minute and sit in one of the cells for a photo.. I then locked the door and ran away... (only joking). There were some high profile prisoners here at one time. The cells are all still as they were back in the day. All very interesting.
San Francisco
Copyright 2006 Danny Clifford
We did the rounds pretty quick and head back down to get the next available boat back to Fishermans Wharf. Tony then wants to get on a cable car. So, we walk in the rain up Powell Street and eventually jump on a cable car. Got off at China Town where we had a quick lunch.. Chinese, funnily enough!! Then after getting absolutly soaked founds a taxi to get us back to ur hotel at Fishermans Wharf. Next we get packed uyp sorted and off to San Francisco Int Airpirt to catch our tiny little elastic band driven plane to Santa Barbara.. Should be fun