Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Dame Shirley Bassey 'The Performance'

I have just managed to get a copy of the new Album The performance by the living Legend Dame Shirley Bassey. I went to four or five places but it was sold out, which is mad as it only came out yesterday. I have just payed it and it really is fantastic. I had heard the tracks before as I have been around during the making of this album. The whole project is the brainchild of my mate Paul Carey. He came up with concept about two years ago and here it is. The songs are written by some of the worlds greatest songwriters ad songwriter and producer of this album, David Arnold and of course, Dame Shirley Bassey and you honestly do have a 5 Star Winner.
Dame Shirley Bassy & David Arnold
Copyright 2009 Danny Clifford. All Rights Reserved














The photo above is one of my photos used on the new album and I took it at Air Lyndhurst Recording Studios earlier this year. I have to say and didn't think I would be saying this in 2009, but Dame Shirley should have a massive hit on her hands with this.
Dame Shirley Bassey, David Arnold & Gary Barlow
Copyright 2009 Danny Clifford. All rights Reserved














On the day at Air Lyndhurst Studios, Gary Barlow turned up to play a track he had written for Dame Shirley called This Time. he sat at the above Grand Piano and played her the song and put the same effort in as he would if he was in an arena concert venue like Wembley, Madison Square Garden. It was truly amazing. He is a brilliant songwriter, performer and all round geezer. My association with Dame Shirley really started a few years ago in the thick mud of Glastonbury where she got the party started with a massive mud covered 150,000 odd music fans going mad for her. Then earlier in 2009 I was the photographer who has kind of documented the making of this album. So, all of your Christmas present problems are over. Just get out to the record store or big old supermarkets and buy a copy or two as Christmas presents for the family.