Sunday, May 24, 2009

Soccer Six Charity Match

I went to Stamford Bridge, the home of London's Chelsea Football Club. Today is a charity six a side soccer tournament in aid of The Samaritans. I was there to shoot the band Blue. However, when I arrived with my son Sam & Gregg, we found that we were put into an area that was really awful from a photographic point of view. I did manage toget one shot of Antony and Lee before they wandered over to another pitch for a game.
Lee Ryan and Antony Costa of Blue
Copyright 2009 Danny Clifford
All Rights Reserved




















There were quite a few photographers there, all of which were very very unhappy. The organisers charged all photographers £25 each to have the privilege of standing at the front of a stand where you could only see one pitch in front of you. Although, when there was a game on the pitch in front of you, people were standing in front of us, so we couldn't shoot the match. Not to mention the very important fact that all of the other pitches where games were also played were not visible to us at all. Occasionally I got a few shots of people standing around in front of us.
Danny Dyer
Copyright 2009 Danny Clifford. All Rights Reserved














Actor, Danny Dyer and all round good guy was with his partner and one of his children. I recenetly saw Danny in a film called The Business, he was fabulous in it, a really good film.
Lee Mack
Copyright 2009 Danny Clifford
All Rights Reserved




















Comedian, Lee Mack was playing as well today. He is one of my favourite comedians. Very quick, very very funny.
Carl Barat
Copyright 2009 Danny Clifford
all Rights Reserved




















It was great to see Carl Barat wearing a vintage Arsenal shirt. I had a chat with him, he is as always, very nice. I didn't know he was a goooner. Altogether, it was terrible for all of us photographers. All in all pretty useless. Sam, Gregg and I decided after a few hours of standing around getting nothing picture wise, that we should leave. We said goodbye to those that we knew and got out of there.