Thursday, May 21, 2009

The Antony Costa Band

I met up with Antony Costa late afternoon at a hotel in Knightsbridge, London. We spent some time having a chat in the hotel room that Antony had been given to use by Terry Venables who was arranging this charity event. Andy Nicholas, Antony and I then went outside to have a cigarette, which is funny, as I don't smoke. Still, it was nice standing outside anyway. Antony's dad Michael arrived and joined us. After the cigarette break, we went back up to the room. Antony got changed and we then went down to a room where the band members were all waiting, a kind of green room, food, drinks etc. They were all due to go on and perform at about 10pm. But, things were running late as the auctioneer was taking his time. They finally went on about 11:30. But, when they did go on the place went mad. What a great band and what a great performer Antony is. I have to say, I have only seen Antony perform with Blue, but to see him perform like this was fantastic.
Antony Costa
Copyright 2009 Danny Clifford
All Rights Reserved














He is one hell of a talented boy, I really mean it. He did a few Blue songs as well as some great old classics. All of them were bloody brilliant. So, if you get the chance to see him with The Antony Costa Band, then jump at it.

It all finally ended at about 1pm or just after. We, me, Andy, Antony and his band went back to the green room ans chilled for a while. Then Antony went out and spent some time with Terry Venables, Andy Townsend, Alan Curbishley etc. I said goodnight at about 1:30 and headed home.