Thursday, May 07, 2009

Razorlight at the O2

Off to the O2 Arena in North Greenwich to shoot Razorlight. We were led inside and into the pit where I got my cameras ready. Then I noticed amongst the 20,000 people a bit of a commotion. Then I looked up into the gods and could see two guys running around with their shirts off. The crowd were responding with cheers. Then suddenly one of them decided to drop his trousers and give us all a 'Moon'. So, that was nice...NOT!! At least it kept the crowd happy for a few mins.

I don't know how many times I have shot Razorlight, loads of times really. Almost every time I have shot them, Johnny Borrell has worn a white shirt and white trousers. Add a bright white light on him and that starts to create a few problems with exposures. Anyway, tonight he was in a white, but the lighting wasn't too bad. This was the first time however that I have shot their new drummer. He is a New Yorker called David 'Skully' Sullivan-Kaplan. He was a pretty good drummer, I liked his style. So, all in all it was okay. The band came on at 9:20 and we all shot the first three songs, then left. I made a swift exit as it is a long old drive back to my part of town, nearly two hours to be precise. When I got home I edited up the photos and sent them out. Finally went to bed just before 3 am deep joy!!