Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Boat Race 2009

Today is the annual Boat race between Universities of Oxford & Cambridge. I am shooting this from on the water, just behind them.











So, after a mad rush to Putney and a frantic parking of my car, I ran through the relaxed slow walking crowd (who didn't have a care in the bloody world). I was carrying loads of gear, cameras, laptop, long lenses in metal cases, I am sure you can picture it. Anyway, I had a few mins to spare and got to the media check in. I was checked in and almost immediately led out to the bank to board a boat. A minute of so later in came the boat I was allocated a place on. So, on I got and got ready for the start.
Boat Race 2009
Copyright Danny Clifford













After Oxford were presented with their cup etc, they through their Cox (little fella at the back of the boat) into the freezing River Thames.
Boat Race 2009
Copyright Danny Clifford