Friday, March 06, 2009

Ting Tings and VV Brown

It's Friday, it's five o'clock and its cracker jack. Well, some of you might remember that cry from Leslie Crowther who hosted the TV show Cracker Jack. Showing my age now. Anyway, it was Friday and it was five o'clock and I set off across London in the rush hour to head south to the Brixton Academy. I was shooting the Ting Tings and V V Brown who was supporting. It took me two hours to get there. Which is what I had expected that time of day. When I arrived there and parked up. I saw that the crowd were actually lined up around the street. This was unusual. I quickly found out that they had not been let inside as there was a power cut. So, like all of the punters outside, I waited patiently until we were finally informed about an hour and a half later, that it was now off. So, now being about 8:30 was heading back to my car. Whilst I was leaving I bumped into V V Brown's mum and as we were just chatting, V V Brown cam e out of the side stage door. We had a chat for a min and then I left here with her mum and friends who were there with her. I then headed back across London and Finaly got back to base at 10pm. So, there you go five hours for nothing.. All good fun really. Just a shame, as I really wanted to photograph V V Brown. She is brilliant and gonna be huuuuggge..