Thursday, March 12, 2009

Annie Lennox - London

Annie is releasing a best of CD and I whizzed into town to shoot her at the HMV store in Oxford Street, London. I think the last time I was with Annie was a few years back when I was the official photographer for Nelson Mandela and we went up to the Artic Circle and held a concert. It was in Tromso at the very top of Norway. I did a portrait shoot with Annie as she came off stage at around midnight and it was blinding sunshine. In the summer the sun never sets. Sunshine 24 hours a day.
Annie Lennox
Copyright 2009 Danny Clifford



















So, here we were today in dark and dismal London. Annie was there pretty much on time and posed for the waiting press and then got on with signing her new album for the crowd who had gathered in the store.
Annie Lennox
Copyright 2009 Danny Clifford













There were 1000's of people there and as I was leaving the crowd was growing bigger. I left, walked to my car, wired the photos out from my laptop and met my oldest son, Jonathan and headed out of town.