Saturday, October 25, 2008

Rory Gallagher - Photo Finish era

I have had many emails from people asking me to get some more of the late legendary guitarist Rory Gallagher photos up on my site.
Rory Gallagher Band
Copyright 1978 Danny Clifford














So, i have just had a look through some of my negatives. I need to check the exact date of this photo shoot but it was the around 1977/78. Rory had just finished recording Photo Finish and we needed to get some shots for the sleeve of the album amongst other things.
Rory Gallagher Band
Copyright 1978 Danny Clifford




















Rory and his manager David Oddie asked me to meet up with Rory and his band, Ted McKenna and Gerry McAvoy in Victoria, London. We spent some time photographing them rehearsing. Then Rory and I decided to go off for a walk with the chaps and take some shots out in the street.
Rory Gallagher Band
Copyright 1978 Danny Clifford














We were in a nice little mews type of street, you know cobbled streets etc.

As soon as I get a chance I will dig out my real diary from the period and post all of the details of the shoot details on the correct date on my online diary.
Rory Gallagher Band
Copyright 1978 Danny Clifford














Rory, Ted and Gerry all had a fantastic sense of humour and like every time I was with them it was great fun. they were also , very professional when rehearsing.

By the way, if anyone steals, copies, lifts or whatever you want to call it, any of my images from my diary or site, beware, we will find you prosecute. You HAVE been warned.