Thursday, July 17, 2008

Coco Sumner -Noel Fielding at The Boogaloo

Tonight was another legendary night at the Boogaloo in North London. I arrived there at about 8:30 along with my work experience assistant, one 14 year old Sam Clifford. As soon as we arrived we saw Gerry O'Boyle and his partner John who own the establishment. We then went upstairs to the private area and met up with Coco. This is the first time I have met her and she and her friends (about 6 of them) were all really nice. Coco was down to earth and extremely nice. So, we did some exclusive photos up there in the room.
Coco Sumner -Copyright 2008 Danny Clifford














Then Sam and I headed back downstairs. As we got down into the bar area, which was now rammed, I bumped into Carl Barat. I hadnt seen him since I photographed his 30th birthday party. We had a chat and then Carl, Sam and I went back upstairs to do some photos with Coco.
Carl Barat & Coco Sumner -Copyright 2008 Danny Clifford













After we finished the photos we headed down again and went out to have a word with Gerry. Whilst Sam, Gerry and I were chatting outside, we saw Noel Fielding and Dave Brown from the Mighty Boosh walking towards us. We did some shots of them by the door and then we all went inside. Coco then took the stage. She was brilliant. For those that dont know, Coco Sumner is the daughter if Sting and his wife Trudy. Anyway, putting that to one side and looking at Coco here, she was sooo good. She is gonna be massive.
Coco Sumner - Copyright 2008 Danny Clifford













So, I shot the show and all celebes watching her in the crowd as well.
Coco complete with mug of Tea. Copyright 2008 Danny Clifford













After her set, Noel Fielding and Dave Brown got up onto the stage and did a great DJ set.. I also shot some of this as well.
Noel Fielding & Dave Brown from The Mighty Boosh
Copyright 2008 Danny Clifford














I then grabbed Sam and we rushed off outside jumped in the car and raced over to Soho. We had to get there really fast to get shots of Daisy Lowe who was doing a DJ set at Maya. So, we pulled up outside, ran in and got some great action shots of Daisy doing her thing.
Daisy Lowe - Copyright 2008 Danny Clifford













She is also very nice and always seems happy. She was smoking some really weird plastic cigarette very odd thing.
Daisy Lowe - Copyright 2008 Danny Clifford














So, we did the shots and got out of there. Sarah Leon who is the top model spotter at Select Model Agency and looks after Daisy, came with us as she was coming back to the Boogaloo. Daisy was also going to come with us, but changed her mind as I think she was going to wait for Mark Ronson who was on his way. We then had video director Marcus and his partner, Sarah, Sam in the car and heading back to the Boogaloo. We also got a bloody parking ticket as well, which was a bloody shame.

When we got back to the Boogaloo, Noel was still DJ'ing and having a real ball. Perry Ferrell (Billy Mitchell) from Eastenders was also having a dance on the side of stage. I climbed up there with him and did some shots of him and Noel. Perry was very funny.

Perry Ferrell - Copyright 2008 Danny Clifford




















So, after getting all the shots required, Sam and I made our way out after saying goodnight the Noel, Dave, Perry Gerry John and all and headed back out of town.
Noel Fielding - Copyright 2008 Danny Clifford













We got back at about 2:30 and then I got on with my editing of the photos. I finished at about 7:30 and then crawled up to bed..