Friday, June 13, 2008

Katy Brand then off to The Isle of Wight




















Copyright 2008 Danny Clifford
I had to get up at 5am today and head down to the East End of London. I was doing an exclusive shoot with up and coming comedienne who has a new TV series on ITV in the UK at the begining of September. She is very very funny and well worth watching when its out. So, the plan this morning is to be on site very early and before they start shooting the TV show, I will soend a bit of time with her dojng some kind of set up to look like paparrazi shots of her dressed up as Amy Winehouse.

This was todays sketch for her. Anyway, Katy has re-written the song that Amy had a hit with, written by my mate Dave McCabe of the Zutons, "Valerie". Only this time, Katy as Amy has changed the lyrics to Valium etc etc.. After the shoot my mate Paul the PR Genius and I had a kosher bacon and egg sandwich, from the catering chaps. Then I sat in the production bus and sent the photos out to all of the papers etc. Once that was all finished, I headed over to Finsbury Park, North London to collect Stefan Jeremiah who was travelling with me to the Isle of Wight music Festival.

Once I had collected Stefan, we headed out of London on our way to get the ferry from Southampton. But before we could get right out of London, Watford to be precise, the fan belt snapped on my car and we were in a bit of bother. Luckily enough, I had another car of mine not to far away, so we limped carefully with the heaters blowing inside the car to keep the engine cooler all the way to sunny Chorleywood, where we jumped in the other car. Then off we went. Now we were running late. The ferry we were booked on was the only one with space that day. So, we had to make it. Well we did, by the skin of our teeth. I did have visions of us speeding up and launching the car off the quay to slam dunk onto the car ferry' s deck. But fortunatley that was in my dreams and not a reality. We made it with a few mins only to spare.