Saturday, August 04, 2007

Rhythm Festival

Today I went to the Rhythm Festival in Clapham, near Bedford UK . I covered this last year. That was the first year. It was a really nice festival. Kind of relaxed and nice family atmosphere. So today we have the brilliant Joe Bonamassa. He is probably one of the best guitarists in the world. I did photograph him a few months ago in London. Anyway, today he was absolutely fantastic. If you get the chance to see him anywhere you will be glad you did. Following him was the one and only Dr John. He too was fantastic. I shot his show then, straight after he came off stage we met backstage and did a few pictures. We had a nice chat about a few things and I also told him how much I liked his socks.. They were kind of black, white and pink with pirates scull and crossbow on them.. Very nice.. I then realised that his tour was also the tour manager for The Bravery, when I was with them in Japan. So, we had a good laugh about our time together in Japan. Then, next up was Seth Lakeman who seemed pretty good as well. A bit later I headed off back down south as I had plenty to get on with back at the Hottwire.net office.