Saturday, July 29, 2006

Fuji Rock Day 2

Very little sleep, I am so tired.. We got to the site and got straight on it. The first band for me was Jenny Lewis and she is kind of country and sounded great. I think one to watch, she is gonna be big, even though she is quite small. She had two identical twins sisters as backing vocals who were great in there own right.. I did a quick shoot afterwards with Jenny and the photographed the next band on my list, Junior Senior. I think they are from Denmark. They were pretty lively and got the crowd jumping around.. I shot the live show the again, just kike Jenny Lewis, did a quick shoot backstage after their set. Nice chaps they were too. Kular Shaker were next and I had forgotten how much I liked their music. I must say I had in the past heard some very odd things about there views on various racial things. I need to know if this was true or false.. I hope it is not true because, I would like to like them. There music is very retro and pretty psychedelic. Lighting was pretty good as well. Sean and I then belted over to another stage about 10 miles away, well, not quite that far, but when it's raining and your tired and your carrying loads of camera equipment, it's bloody well far enough. So, we got there and shot the Yeah Yeah Yeah's. They were very colourful indeed. We then quickly ran over to the Green stage another long hike and shot the Red Hot Chili Peppers. When Anthony Keidis came on stage he immediately admitted that he had made one of Japan's most famous fictitious cartoon characters, Hello Kitty, pregnant. Don’t know how he managed that, but he seemed pretty upset about that.. Flea was talking utter rubbish into the mike and then they just got on with it. They were wearing pretty much the same gear that they were wearing when I shot them, wherever it was recently in the UK. I think it was Scotland.. The only thing that seemed very different was when Anthony did a hand stand on the bass drum. I was tracking him through the lens at the time and caught it all. He only did it for a spilt second, but I did get it nicely. Anyway, I got quite enough shots of them and then off I went again. I had to get back over to the White stage, another hike through the rain and mud.. This time to shoot the Scissor Sisters.. They were on good form, very dramatic and colourful. They are always good to shoot. After shooting them I headed off to find Sean and then get back to Production, pick up my gear and get the hell out of the site and back to our little hotel about 30 mins away. When we got back to the hotel, I started to edit the photos. I started at about 2am and finished at about 7am... I was shattered.. Anyway, I went and got a few hours sleep and then up and back to Fuji Rock.