Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Babyshambles - Then There Was Three Again

Back in London now and the Babyshambles show rolls on, Now that Peter has been released from Stoke Newington Police station yesterday, its all sytems go.. So, off we go to the Rhythm Factory in East London. I arrived and Peter was already there. I met Adam on the way in. I arrived with the one and only Gerry O'Boyle. We travelled down with my mate Big Scotty, who drove. It wasnt long before Peter, Drew and Adam were on stage and at it. They are bloody amazing. However, I am still finding it somewhat interesting watching all of the people who all think they are involved in some way with the band. The Backstage area seems to be crawling with characters who all think they are Peters best friend and also think they are very very important. Anyway, that's life!! The music is fantstic and everytime I see them perform I feel like I am witnessing an important bit of history. I do feel rather fortunate having spent the amount of time I have spent with them over the past year. So, after the gig we get back into the backsgtage area and do a few shots of the 3 of them together.
Copyright 2006 Danny Clifford.
All rights reserved
Peter and I then go outside for a private chat. When we were outside, lots of the hangers on follow as well. Peter and I jumped into one of his beloved Jaguars. We locked the doors so we could speak privatley. Then suddenly Peter said to me, come on lets go for a drive. I thought here we go, more trouble on the way. He has been stopped I think 4 times this month whilst driving and also allegedly, was in possession of drugs. So, as Peter got into the driving seat of one of his cars, I got him out and took the keys and I drove. We had Johnny Rhythm (Owner) open the gatres for us and we sped off on were followed by Paparazzi and fans. I lost them very quickly and we then headed straight to Peters home. I stayed there for about an hour then as others all started arriving I decided to go home. Otherwise, it would have been a very late night.