Sunday, January 29, 2006

Che Guevara? No Shane Guevara !!

This is odd, but true. I was chatting to Shane MacGowan a few moths ago about various things. It was about 3am in the Boogaloo in Highgate, London. Anyway, Shane was telling me that his family name on his Mothers side was Lynch. He then told me that on that side of his family, as distant cousin (or relative) of his was Che Guevara. Guecara's family were of Irish decent and their family name was also, Lynch... This is a very strange and interesting story. So, whilst I was driving back to London from the north of England I thought I must get a shot of Shane dressed as best as I could, to look like Che. Today I met up with Shane and gave him the hat and bullets etc and we did a quick shoot. We did it upstairs at the Boogaloo. He was on good form. However, when we started the shoot, I noticed him in a bit of pain and looking swollen around his face. I asked him what was wrong and it appeared that he has some kind of Absyss.
Copyright 2006 Danny Clifford
All rights reserved
So, we did the shoot and then I ran him up to the local hospital in Hampstead. They looked at it for him. He is a really nice bloke and seemed a bit vulnerable. We did get some funny shots of him as Shane Guevara.