Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Matt Goss

Albert Hall tonight to shoot Matt Goss, formerly of Goss. I got there early and wandered into collect my photo pass . There is a bit of new construction going on by the box office, so, we all had to go in through other doors which was rather odd. Anyway, we were taken in by security and led to the front of the stage. Then after a few mins of confusion, we were re positioned by the mixing desk. This didn't please a lot of the photographers who had short lenses. You cant get much from the back of the Royal Albert Hall with a 200mm, which seemed to be lens of choice of many of the experienced photographers!! Anyway, there were about two or three of us with longer lenses. I must say, the lighting was fabulous. Matt Goss was surprisingly fabulous. I say surprisingly, I have never seen or photographed him before. I kind of missed Bros back in their day. But, tonight, he was rather good. Very entertaining and talented. I now know why Las Vegas have taken him under their wing. he is now becoming a very big star in that part of the world and judging by the reaction of the packed crowd at the Albert Hall, I think he is about to explode of here as well. So, well done Matt and good luck with the future. Great show! Even though, I was there for only three songs..