Friday, May 01, 2009

Trafalgar Square and Pink nearly!

Firstly, I love this weather. I love sunshine and it seems to be getting sunnier now.. I have loads of editing to do, so the day started with serious editing of images. Then I had a call from my friend Mick Flinn. He told me to get myself down to the village for a nice milky coffee. So, my wife and I stopped what we were doing and met up with Mick. When we arrived some other friends of ours were there, Jill & Bob Visser. It was really nice to actually stop working for a while and whiz out and meet with them.

Then back to the grindstone and more editing.. I have so much to do. Amongst other things, I just heard that boy band Blue are now reforming and performing this summer. So, I had better get my shots of Blue up and out syndicated that is.

I then got a call informing me that there was an event taking place in Trafalgar Square in London. This was to be the filming of a new TV commercial for telephone operator, T Mobile. I had a whisper that Pink was turning up to do it as well. The call I got was about 5:20 and Pink was going to be there between 6 and 7. So, I grabbed my cameras, assistant and drove as fast as I could into central London to shoot this. Well, it was rush hour and madness on the streets and we arrived in Trafalgar Square and rushed over through the crowd to see what was what. I couldn't see Pink anywhere, so, we asked someone in the crowd if there have been any celebs here and we were told "yeah, it was brilliant, Pink was here". She had just left, so, that was a bummer. Oh well, you cant win them all.. We headed out of town and when I got back, I just carried on with my editing.