Friday, December 12, 2008

Bye Bye Woolworths

I was out and about in North London today and drove past one of the doomed Woolworths store. I thought I would park up and get a few photos as this is pretty much the end of an institution. So, there I was in my old stomping ground of Edgware, North London.
Woolworths
Copyright 2008 Danny Clifford














I did some quick shots outside and then, wandered into the store. The shelves were pretty empty, but there were loads of people looking around and the line or Que to the cash registers was really long.
Copyright 2008 Danny Clifford













I took some shots inside then all of a sudden a women who worked there came running over to me and said "are you taking photos" I said "yes I am". She then said " I know you are" I told her I already said that. She wasn't listening to a thing I was saying. Then she said angrily, "if you take photos, I am going to report you". I thought this was brilliant. I asked her who was she going to report me to "god perhaps" she didn't find it funny. She was then quite rude to me. I told her to fuck off and call the cops. She was obviously mental.
Copyright 2008 Danny Clifford













Funny thing is, my friend and fellow photographer Wayne Starr who shoots for the UK's Daily Star Newspaper, had an altercation with Santa Claus who attacked him when he was outside Woolworths a day or so ago taking photos.. Kind of weird.. No wonder they are going out of business, they employ total dorks and idiots...
Copyright 2008 Danny Clifford