Friday, January 04, 2008

Pentangle Photo shoot

Today I did a shoot with the legendary Pentangle. They were big in the 60's and 70's then seemed to break up. Anyway, they have reformed and they will be playing at the Royal Festival Hall in the summer 2008. This is quite a big deal as they haven't performed together for quite some time. I also believe that their gig in the summer is to commemorate their 40th anniversary.. So, I met them all at the Royal Festival Hall this morning and then we said our hello's etc then went for a coffee to discuss this shoot.. It wasn't long before we started. Today was a pretty foggy day in London so, we started inside and did a few studio (location) type of shots.. Then as they all became more relaxed we moved on outside. I must say, even though I am was born and bred in London, I still love seeing all of those major landmarks and sights.. So, when we went outside onto the balcony with the band it was great to see Big Ben and the big Millennium Wheel right there next to us. So, they made for quite nice back drops.. During the photo shoot, my old mate Paul Crockford arrived. He is jointly managing Pentangle with Bert Jansch's wife Loren. Paul, Loren and the band were so nice to work with. They were all really, nice people. So, when we were outside we went down onto the beach on the side of the River Thames.. This is great fun in itself. We got some great shots down by the Thames.. The light started to fade pretty quickly, so we wrapped it up and called it a day. All in all a very enjoyable day for me.