Tuesday, January 01, 2008

New Years Day 2008

I went out for lunch with some of the family today which was nice. On the way back we saw Police helicopters flying around above the area. Then we saw about 8 police cars all stopped in one place. There was obviously something going on. Well, how exciting eh.. I then stopped at the local garage where there is a Marks and Spencer food store in it to get some food for the house. As I walked in I Saw someone staring at me. I did recognise him, but for a few seconds didn't know who it was. It was Adrian Smith the legendary Iron Maiden guitarist. Adrian had been fishing locally as we live pretty close to each other. Everywhere Adrian goes when he is on tour, he fishes. Mostly for Chub. He does love fishing. I remember Adrian telling me once before when I was out with him and the band somewhere, that when he is on tour he will fish anywhere for anything.. That is dedication isn't it. Iron Maiden are out on the road in about 3 weeks and off to India, Japan and Australia amongst other places. So, from the sublime to the.... we later went to a dinner party tonight at friends of ours Mick & Donna Flinn of The New Seekers. Other good friends of ours there were Paul Carrack and his wife Kathy, also record producer Andy Wright with his wife Wendy along with Pete Lennon and his wife. What a nice evening it was, food was fab and the company wonderful. I must say its been a long time since we have been to such a nice dinner party.

About a month ago I directed a music video for the Zimmers. The last video they did was the Who's "My Generation", but this one that I did is a remake of The Prodigy's " Firestarter" Its fantastic even if I do say so myself. The record label X-Phonics have just put a taster on U-Tube.. So, paste this into your browser to see a small snippet of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6cN3nR-_CU