Wednesday, December 22, 2004

The Pogues Last night at Brixton Academy

This is the last night in London.. I was attempting to get a backstage shot of the whole band.. This has so far on the tour been proving to be extremely difficult.... For some very strange reason, they don't want to be photographed off stage together... There seem to be a couple of little ego's flying around.. I must say, Shane isn't one of them. He and I get on very well.. I am not convinced they are all having a great time together on this tour, mind you I could be wrong .. Maybe it's just me, being Mr unhappy sitting up here in this room from 4:30 until 11 pm, mostly on my own waiting for the band. I sound like a right misserable idiot now.

I didn't go out and shoot the show in the meantime, I just sat up there guarding all of my equipment.. then just when I thought it really wasn't going to happen. They all crept in one by one.. All very surreal.. We then had about 20 seconds to get a shot.. It was a messy shot. There are nine of them in total and it was a messy room and untidy.. But, at least I have the only shot of the original lineup of the Pogues since the early 80's..