Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Oasis at The Astoria - London

I photogographed Oasis tonight at the Astoria in central London. All I can say is, that they were utterly fantastic... Brilliant.. I love them. Zak Starkey has now joined the band and he is one of the best drummers in the world. I have photographed Zak for many years now, in fact he is on my website in the Who section posed with my old mate Keith Moon. I think Zak was about 14 then. I have also photgraphed him a lot in recent times with The Who, as he was until he joined Oasis, the Who's drummer.. So, back to this gig. I think that Oasis are without doubt, one of the best bands in the world, if not the best. On the photos front, the lighting was a bit odd tonight. Seemed to be very little of it and it all seemed to be coming from directly above the band, leaving dull shadows on them. Oh well, such is life..