Monday, March 28, 2005

Queen & Paul Rogers..First Night....

Copyright 2005 Danny Clifford













Well here we go.. Queen are back, this time with the one and only Paul Rogers as the front man..


I photographed a gig a few months ago at Wembley with Brian May and Paul Rogers was singing.. He has such an amazing and powerful voice..


Anyway, I got to Brixton Academy in South London early.. There were crowds lining up all around the streets.. This gig was packed and the Academy was at full stretch.. You could feel the anticipation, excitement.. I must admit this was something that I had though would never happen.. I know that it is to be very different without Freddie and we should not compare Paul with Freddie.. You really could feel the electricity in the crowd. Then, down went the house light and on the came.. Wow, they were amazing, it was like watching a new band in a way, but music that the world is more than familiar with. I got straight into it and got as many shots as I could. The verdict was that they are amazing and cant wait to shoot them again.