Saturday, November 20, 2004

MTV Awards, Rome day 5

Get up early and get over to the Colliseum to shoot it as the sun seems to be coming up.. Quite amazing place.. James Quinton is with me we seem to be photographing from all angles. We take the very ancient Roman elevator up to the top level.. I thought the Romans back in the day invented quite a few amaing things...but eleveators? anyway we shoot every remaining brick from every angle and head off to the Forum. On the way out I find a few Roman soldiers standing around waiting for tourists to pose with, for money of course.. Anyway, I gather about four of them and shoot them with a very wide lens in front of the Colliseum. This takes about 3 to four mins.. As I finish, the cheeky bugger tells me I have to pay 50 euros to each man.. I laugh and tell him no way.. They slighty surround me and I give them 20 Euros to share.. Tell him to take it or leave it.. We glare at each other for a split second and I say bye bye and walk off to meet James Quinton.. off we go to the Forum.. We have to move it a little bit as we are both flying back to London together and our flight is later in the afternoon. We wiz around the forum.. Everywhere you turn there is reall history..Roman ruins everywhere.. My dad said to me after one of his trips to Rome " Rome is lovely, but it's quite run down" My dad has a very good sense of humour..we do have a laugh...James and I jump into a cab and head back to our exotic hotel, gather our bags and head off over the road to a nice hotel for lunch. We then jump in a taxi off to the airport. When we arrive at the Alitalia desk we are asked for our passports.. Straight away, I feel my pocket and realise that my passport is missing.. Off I go to the police at the airport and make a declaration.. We then head off through and fly over to London.