Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Suede at Teenage Cancer Trust

As I understand it, they reformed just for Teenage Cancer Trust. I arrived mid afternoon at Royal Albert Hall and then Austin Flowers and myself set up the studio in the Green room. Just before Suede were due to go on, Brett Anderson came in and we did a quick shoot. He then flew out got the rest of the band and off they went on stage. When we did the shoot in the studio, Brett was very nice and quiet and posed for me in a very calm way. Then I got myself out front into the photo pit and as he hit the stage with the band, he was a different person. He was all over the stage and animated, but most of all brilliant. I didn't have time to watch the rest of the show as I needed to get backstage and shoot some other people. I would have loved to have seen more of them. I hope they get back together and tour soon. Mind you, I am so not up to date, they have probably announced that and I would know...