Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Comedy Night at Teenage Cancer Trust

I set my studio up backstage in the Green room at the Royal Albert Hall. We shared it with all of the comedians who were performing on the night. A great room to be based in. Whilst I was shooting Rhod Gilbert, he said to me can you tell me something funny so I at least look happy when your taking the photos. I am useless at remembering jokes and before I could even tell him, he asked Jimmy Carr who was standing next to me. Then Rhod said hold on, make me laugh, I have asked the wrong man there haven't I. Then from behind a magazine a voice came loud and clear, it was Rich Hall. He said "my wife has had a horse riding accident, she is in a stable condition" well, that did it everyone just burst out laughing. He then just carried on reading his magazine as if nothing had happened. They are all very funny guys. I did have a nice chat with Rich Hall who spends a lot of time here, but, pretty much lives in Montana in the US. I don't think I have ever been there, but would love to.

On my way out of the Royal Albert Hall, I was stopped by Zak Starkey. I t was so nice to see him. Cant remember when we saw each other last. We reminisced about Keith Moon. Zak was chatting about flying along Sunset Boulevard in LA in Keith's Excalibur car on their way to go surfing. That must have been around 1977-78. We also chatted about a shot that I took of Zak and Keith together in London. Oh, happy days eh!! I will be seeing Zak next week when the MIGHTY WHO play on the last night of Teenage Cancer Trust for this year.