Thursday, November 04, 2004

On Tour with the Philistines

Got woken up at 8:30 by a tosser room cleaner. He had the TV on in the room oposite mine with a music channel on so loud. He was also attempting to sing a long, ummm. I was really pissed off. I opened my door and expalained in my own way that he was a FURKIN CNUT and that I was somewhat disspleased with his early morning singing and if he continued I was going to remove his voice box. I hate getting woken up like that.. I had a shower and made sure all cameras were OK. went down to recepetion and waited to see if the chaps were surfacing at all..I waited around in reception for a while. Then decided to go for a walk around the area. Our hotel is with a security zone. The roads have retractable bollards in the middle of the road with security gaurds everywhere. Makes us kind of feel a little tense. If there was ever an easy target for terrorists it was the small group of hotels within this security zone only really used by Westerners. Had my brief walk about then headed back to the hotel.. Saw Mike Crawford who was looking after all of the equiptment on this tour. Had a coffee and bite to eat with him in the resteraunt. He started to tell me about the history of Istanbul formerly Constantinople. Not only interesting, but a proper geezer, really nice guy. Time was rolling on as we were being collected at 1pm for our trip out to the airport. We left just after 1pm and headed out through Istanbul to the airport, we stopped for a final photo shoot. We found a pedestrian bridge over the main road. From up on the bridge we could see the port out in the distance. We spent all of 2 mins up there taking photos, then legged it back to out tour bus and off to the airport.


As we were boarding the plane, we were offered a newspaper, The Daily Telegraph, The Mail or a Turkish national paper HURRIYET. That happened to be the paper with us in it....Nice flight back to Heathrow. Simon (it's in the bag) from Red (a Video Company) seemed to be having fun. He was totally pissed (seems to be a pattern forming here with him). He was about 10 rows behind Glen, Chris, Koozie and I, but still managed to constantly shout above all other noise to ask funny questions. Luckily all other people on the flight thought he was funny. It could very easily have gone the other way...