Friday, October 15, 2004

Siouxsie Sioux Live at The Royal Festival Hall

Well, this was a blast from the past. She was formerly with Siouxsie and The Banshees, but now on her own. I do remember them the first time round back in the day, but dont think I ever shot them or her before.

The Festval Hall was packed to the rafters. It appeared that this was for everyone here, a big deal. As soon as she came on stage the crow leapt out of their seats and surged forward to the front of the stage. The were truly fanatical. It was as if, to some of her audience that she was god like. They hung on her every word. It was quite extraordinary. Despite being surrounded and by her faithfull followers, I still managed to get some good shots. After the first few songs I managed to slip away up to one of the balconies and shot from there. I did shoot some quite slow exposure as well, just so I could try and capture the way she was moving around the stage in quite and unsual way. All in all I was quite impressed. I hadnt gone there thinking I would be. Strange that!!