Thursday, September 07, 1978

Keith Moon is Dead

Well, what a shock it was today. I called my little brother Simon who is back in the UK. I was all full of myself as I was still on cloud 9 and excited about being in the USA. When he told me that Keith Moon has just been found dead in his London apartment. In fact the apartment where he lived was the same apartment that Mama Cass was also found dead a while ago. This was a very sad day. Very depressing.. I borrowed a car from my cousin Paul Fisher and headed off down to Bob Dylan's Press Officer, Paul Wasserman's office on North Robertson Boulevard in Beverly Hills. When I arrived at his office, I was met by his secretary, Candy Coffee... What a mad name.. Paul Wasserman was out. So, I left some shots of Bob Dylan that I had taken in Paris a while ago. I also left my aunties telephone number for Paul to contact me if he wanted after looking at the shots.. It was bright and sunny day and on the way back I had the hood down on the car and despite being very upset about Keith, drove back getting lost at every turn. So, sunshine, Palm Trees, Yellow Taxis etc etc - this for me was the start of the American Dream...