Tuesday, June 07, 2005

A Very Bad Day

Well today I have been printing up photos and editing shots and dealing a small part of the mountain of correspondence that I need to deal with.. I get a call from my dad in LA. He tells me that my brother in law has been murdered.. He was shot in my sisters car on the south side of Los Angeles.. It was all over the news channels in LA.. I spent the afternoon on the phone to all of my family regarding this... They haven't caught anyone for this yet..nor do they seem to have a motive.

I got my camera's together and headed down to The Electric Ballroom in Camden Town, London. I photographed Fightstar.. Charlie Simpson, formerly of Busted's new band. The Electric Ballroom is bloody horrible. I had to fight my way through hundreds of sweaty little urchins to get into the photo pit.. Then after I had finished again, out through the more sweaty little urchins and away and outside into the fresh air.. Which I hasten to ad is full of nutters.. Camden Town is now, in my opinion, not far away from LA's South Central.. If you are ever unfortunate enough to have a wander up through Camden, then you will be stopped by so many weirdo's. Police sirens going off everywhere.. You need to be armed..